Apple’s community beta for macOS 13 (aka macOS Ventura) has arrived, and you can read all about it in our hands-on macOS Ventura overview, which is based mostly on our time with early betas.
If you like what you see and are itching to check out out Ventura for you, read through on for our entire information on how to install the general public beta to your Mac. Apple routinely releases a beta version of macOS to the community a few months ahead of it rolls out the remaining product, and putting in it can offer you you an intriguing peek into what is in retail store for your Mac this slide.
How to download the macOS Ventura community beta: Examine compatibility and again up initial
Before you try out to download the macOS Ventura beta, validate that your exam machine is appropriate with the new OS. This is the whole compatibility listing, straight from Apple:
iMac: 2017 and later on
Mac Pro: 2013 or later
iMac Pro: All types
Mac mini: 2018 or later on
MacBook Air: 2018 or later on
MacBook: 2017 and later
MacBook Pro: 2017 or later
Finally, you’ll want to make certain your Mac is backed up. You could use Apple’s Time Device services, or a reputable 3rd-celebration company like Backblaze. Our guide to the best cloud storage solutions features even additional recommendations for you.
Prepared? Let’s get into the beta!
How to obtain the macOS 13 Ventura public beta
1. Navigate to beta.apple.com (opens in new tab) and simply click Signal In in the top proper corner. When prompted, enter your password to signal into your Apple ID.
2. Click on Enroll Your Products.
3. Now scroll down the Enroll Your Mac website page and simply click the blue button to Down load the macOS Public Beta Entry Utility.
4. Down load macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility.dmg and when it is concluded downloading, open up and run it. This will commence the general public beta set up approach.
5. From listed here on out, just follow all the remaining directions introduced on display to install the macOS Ventura community beta!
6. If every thing went effortlessly, the Software package Update menu really should open up automatically and give you an solution to update to the newest edition of macOS Ventura. Open the Apple menu in the top-still left corner and navigate to Procedure Preferences > Application Update. Now you need to get the choice to obtain the beta, or refresh your technique to get it. The macOS Ventura general public beta will now download, and appear with prompts to approve and phrases and services menus to concur to.
Ok if almost everything went well your Mac should really restart and you may officially be running the public beta of macOS Ventura. Pleased computing!