Teams Dev Package Developments in Visible Studio 2022 v17.3 Preview 3
Visual Studio 2022 v17.3 Preview 3 transported this week with a bunch of enhancements to the Microsoft Groups Advancement Tools (Groups Toolkit), together with IEnumerable debugger visualizer enhancements, a C++ LLVM applications update and additional.
The Teams Toolkit will come with project templates that provide all the code, files and configuration needed to enable builders get commenced with a Groups application venture. In truth, it is a template tweak that prospects the launch notes for the new preview.
“The Microsoft Groups Application task template has been enhanced and now makes a variety of forms of Groups app, including notification bot, command bot, tab application and concept extensions,” Microsoft claimed in the notes. “You can now develop and debug various Microsoft Teams App using Groups Toolkit for Visual Studio.”
Microsoft recommends making a new project applying the current template for any existing Teams Apps that have been developed with earlier versions of the Groups Toolkit.
Microsoft Groups was of course a concentrate level for the dev group in this launch, as remaining linked notes include:
- You can now choose when to indicator-in with your M365 identification and register Teams app means employing the Job > Groups Toolkit > Put together Teams Application Dependencies menu alternative.
- Get ready Groups Application Dependencies will register the Groups app and Bot for your Teams venture.
- Updates to the manifest.template.json files can be synchronized with Groups Developer Portal for local debug by deciding on the “Put together Teams App Dependencies” menu possibility all over again at any time.
- Updates to the manifest.template.json information can be synchronized with Teams Developer Portal for remote preview by deciding upon the Challenge > Teams Toolkit > Update Manifest
- You can preview manifest file in advance of synchronization by suitable-clicking the manifest.template.json file and working with the Preview Manifest File menu option.
- Use the Job > Groups Toolkit > Provision in the Cloud menu to create means in an Azure subscription.
- Use the Challenge > Groups Toolkit > Deploy to the Cloud menu to publish code to all those methods.
- You can open up the Teams application remotely in a browser from the Provision menu employing the Preview Groups app menu.
- You can zip the Teams application and generate application bundle by choosing the Job > Groups Toolkit > Zip Application Package deal menu solution for sharing and uploading reasons.
IEnumerable Debugger Visualizer Enhancements
The dev team included a number of hugely requested improvements in the IEnumerable visualizer, including filtering, theming and CSV export.
“The .Internet IEnumerable debugger visualizer is one of our most loved debugging features in current times,” reported Harshada Gap, application manager for the debuggr, in a July 14 blog submit. “This was a extremely asked for feature by developers like you. We launched the very first version in Visual Studio 17.2. and obtained an very positive reaction. You can understand anything about it here IEnumerable visualizer (microsoft.com).”
Pertinent notes for this include things like:
- You can now export the facts from IEnumerable visualizers in CSV format. Just use the dropdown on the leading-correct corner and decide on CSV.
- The IEnumerable Visualizer will also let you to filter details based on a preferred filter string. The Visualizer will return all the rows that consist of a price that matches the filter string. You can also export the filtered and sorted success in CSV/Excel format.
- Starting the 17.3 preview 3 debugger will automatically reload pervious decompiled artifacts like symbols and PDB files. If you pick out to de-compile at any prior session the artifacts will immediately be reloaded for all the next sessions and will get you to the de-compiled resources quicker in Exterior Sources node. This will even now honor your JMC configurations.
- Debugger now provides a new solution to disable the load of NGEN or completely ready to load (RDR) visuals for managed code. You can change the options under Instruments > Options> Debugging > General > Avert applying precompiled illustrations or photos on module load or you can also very easily look for the options making use of any of the search term in the Visible Studio search bar.
Gap stated how the staff arrived to deal with the best person requests such as filtering, theming and CSV export in the preview release by soliciting developer feedback.
“A person of the most effective points about IEnumerable visualizer is that we are completely next our buyer sales opportunities and ideas to make more enhancements to this attribute,” she stated. “After the first release, we asked builders to rank and prioritize a record of advancements by way of an in-solution gratification survey. We acquired some great responses to the study, also via website opinions and other social media updates.”
C++ LLVM Tools
The workforce upgraded the versions of LLVM applications delivered with Visible Studio to v14. To see what is now offered, go to the “LLVM 14.. Release Notes” and “Clang 14.. Launch Notes.”
David Ramel is an editor and author for Converge360.